How to Find the Perfect Design for your Nail Shapes?June 7, 2023 2023-06-19 11:07
How to Find the Perfect Design for your Nail Shapes?
How to Find the Perfect Design for your Nail Shapes?
Nails shape is an often-overlooked feature of your appearance that may make a significant difference in the overall appearance and feel of your hands. There are a range of shapes to pick from, starting with classic square nails to fashionable coffin nails, that can enhance your own style and suit your nails’ shape. However, picking the perfect nails shape is important more than just looks. Proper nails shape can also help with nail health by preventing issues like ingrown nails and nail breaking.
In this blog, we will look at the various types of nail shapes, factors to consider when choosing a nail form, how to get the correct nails shape, suggestions for keeping nail shape, and the significance of proper nail shape for overall nail health.
Filing your nails is a crucial step in getting a glossy and professional-looking manicure.
Here are the fundamental stages for filing your nails:
- Begin with clean and dry nails. When your nails are wet, they are more likely to break or split.
- Choose the appropriate nail file. For natural nails, look for a file with a grit of 180-240 and up to 400 for acrylic or gel nails. Metal files should be avoided since they may break the nail.
- Choose the appropriate nails shape. Round, square, oval, squoval, almond, ballerina, stiletto, square round, lipstick, flare, edge, and arrowhead are just a few of the manicure styles available. Each shape is obtained by filing the nail in a certain manner.
- File in one direction while holding the file at a 45-degree angle to the nail. Back and forth sawing might weaken the nail and cause it to split.
- Shape the tip first, then file the sides of the nail. To ensure symmetry, file evenly on both sides.
- As you file, keep an eye on the shape. Stop filing once you’ve reached the desired outcome.
- Finish by buffing or filing the edges of the nail with a fine-grit nail file.
Different nails shape
These nails have a straightforward, round shape. They are simple to care for and excellent for those with shorter fingers. Round nails typically give a more natural and timeless appearance.
These nails are right-angled and have a straight edge. They can provide the appearance of longer, slimmer fingers and are frequently linked to a more serious or professional appearance.
While the edges of oval nails are filed to a softer, more oblong shape, the overall shape is comparable to that of round nails. Oval nails often make fingers appear longer and more feminine.
Squoval nails have borders that are slightly rounded and combine the shapes of a square and an oval. They can be suited with many styles.
Almond shape nails:
They have a tapering point and are thinner at the tip than they are at the base. They frequently conjure images of glitz and refinement.
They are long, tapered, and have a flat tip. These are known as ballerina nails. Additionally, they are referred to as “coffin nails” quite frequently. Stylish and exquisite ballerina nails are possible.
They’re long, pointed, and have sharp tips and they resemble stiletto heels. They can
be fairly theatrical and a little bit edgy.
Square round nails:
These nails look like squares with slightly rounded edges. For those who like a more polished appearance, they are a wonderful option.
Lipstick Nails:These nails have a distinctive design, with a flat tip and a side that is diagonal and gives the nail a slanted appearance. They are frequently connected to retro fashions.
Flare nails:Tapered flare nails have a larger base and a narrower tip, giving them a tapered appearance. They may give an impression of longer, thinner fingers.
Edge nails:These nails have a flat top and sides and a sharp point that have been filed. They are frequently connected to punk or gothic fashions.
Arrowhead nails:These nails have a triangular shape with a sharp tip and straight edges. They are often highly daring and edgy.
Factors to consider while choosing a nail shape
The appropriate nails shape for your hand can significantly alter the way your nails feel and appear. The ideal nail shape for you will depend on a number of factors, including:
The length of your fingers:
If your fingers are short or wide, you might want to choose an oval or almond-shaped manicure to make your fingers appear longer. If your fingers are long or thin, you might prefer a nail shape like square or round that matches your fingers.
Your cuticles’ shape:
Your cuticles are the slender skin folds that lie at the base of your nails. They may be straight, curved, or angled. For a unified appearance, you could wish to coordinate the shapes of your cuticles and nails. For instance, you could prefer a round or oval nail form if your cuticles are curled. If your cuticles are straight, you might like square or oval-shaped nails. You may prefer a coffin or stiletto nail form if your cuticles are angled.
The desired upkeep:
The level of care depends on the nail shape. Different nail forms are more likely than others to break or chip. For instance, square nails typically outlast stiletto nails in terms of durability. If you want to do your nails at home or at the salon frequently, you may want to choose a nail shape that fits your lifestyle.
Your comfort and daily activities may be impacted by the shape of your nails. There are some nail shapes that are more useful and practical than others. For instance, if you frequently use your hands to perform manual labor, type on a keyboard, or play an instrument, you may want to avoid having long or sharp nails that could obstruct your job or cause harm to you or others.
The most recent nail trends:
You can also want to take a look at the most recent nail fashions and popular looks at the moment. Celebrities, publications, social media, and friends can all serve as sources of inspiration. You should, however, also consider your own preferences and what works best for your hand. Follow a trend if it makes you happy and confident rather than just because it’s popular.
How to find the right nails shape for my hand?
Square or oval-shaped nails look good on hands with a larger size. These forms can give the hand a more polished appearance while balancing its proportions. File the nails straight across, then slightly round the corners to provide a softer edge to get this form.
Round or oval-shaped nails look best on short fingers because they help give the impression that the fingers are longer. File the sides of the nails into a gentle curve, then round the tip of the nail to produce this shape.
Square or oval-shaped nails are excellent choices since they can assist balance the hand’s proportions. File the nails straight across to make this form, then slightly round the corners to give them a softer edge.
Oval or almond-shaped nails are recommended for wider nails, as they can make the nails appear longer and more slender. To achieve this shape, file the sides of the nails into a gentle curve, then round the tip of the nail.
Square or squoval-shaped nails are a good choice for narrow nails, as they can create the illusion of a wider nail bed. To achieve this shape, file the nails straight across, then round the corners slightly to create a softer edge.
How to File and Shape Your Nails Like a Pro
- Selecting the appropriate tools is the first step in filing and shaping your nails. You will require a cuticle pusher, a nail clipper, a nail file, and a nail buffer. You may also wish to use a nail polish remover, a base coat, a top coat, and a nail paint of your choosing.
- Make sure your nails are clean and dry before you start shaping and filing them. You can use a nail polish remover to get rid of any old polish or dirt.
- Then, cut your nails to the desired length with a nail clipper. Don’t cut them too short, as this can cause ingrown nails or infections. Your nails’ tips should still be white.
- Next, choose the design for your nails. You can try a variety of forms, including square, oval, round, almond, coffin, or squoval. Here are some pointers for achieving each shape:
How to file nails square?
Long, wide nails look excellent in this shape. It creates a tidy, vintage appearance. Holding the file perpendicular to the side of your nail, file in one direction until you reach the corner to make your nails square. Then proceed to the opposite side. Make sure the borders are equal and straight.
How to shape nails oval?
This nail style works well for short, thin nails. It creates a graceful and feminine appearance. Holding the file at an angle to the side of your nail, file in one direction with a curved motion all the way to the tip to make your nails oval. Then proceed to the opposite side. Make sure the curves are symmetrical and rounded.
How to file nails round?
Any length and width of nail can be used with this shape. It creates a plain, natural appearance. Follow the same procedures as for filing oval-shaped nails, but make the curves softer and less pointed.
How to file nails almond?
This design works well for long, slender nails. It creates a chic and beautiful appearance. If you want almond-shaped nails, file them similarly to those with oval shapes, but with more pointed and sharp curves.
How to file coffin nails?
Long, wide nails look excellent in this shape. It creates a modern, edgy appearance. Follow the same instructions for filing square nails, but taper the sides slightly toward the tip. then slightly round off the corners.
How to file squoval nails?
Any length and width of nail can be used with this shape. It creates a sleek, adaptable aesthetic. The same procedures as for filing square nails must be followed, except the edges should be slightly rounded.
A nail buffer can be used to remove any ridges or sharp edges from your nails after you’ve filed and shaped them. Additionally, this will brighten your nails and get them ready for polish.
Applying a base coat, a top coat, and your preferred nail polish is the final step. Your nails will be protected from discoloration and chipping by a base coat. You can enhance gloss and seal in your polish by using a top coat. Your nails will look and feel better with nail paint.
How to strengthen nails / prevent nails from breaking
- Moisturize or oil your nails once a day to keep them nourished.
- Refrain from chewing or picking at your cuticles or nails.
- When gardening or performing home tasks, use gloves.
- Steer clear of using acetone-based nail polish removers or abrasive chemicals on your nails.
- Consume a healthy diet that is high in protein, biotin, iron, zinc, calcium, and vitamin C.
- If necessary, use supplements like biotin or collagen.